One-pan Spaghetti & Meatballs
Forget stacks of washing up. Of all our pasta recipes, this meatball dish is the one with the littlest to clean up. The pasta’s even added to the pan while cooking the sauce, to cut down on kitchen clutter. After browning the meatballs, add your cooked spaghetti, and tomato, garlic and rosemary sauce, making it deeply flavoured and rich. Just add salad to serve.
- 1 tbsp Bertolli with Butter
- 12 fresh beef meatballs
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 g dried spaghetti
- Fresh Parmesan and dressed green salad
- Warm the Bertolli with Butter in a large pan over a high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned all over.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in the rosemary, tomatoes & puree, then bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Pour over 750ml of boiling water and bring to the boil. Break the spaghetti in half and add it to the pan. Stir well then leave to simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the rosemary and season to taste. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan and a dressed green salad.