- Place the dried mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with 300ml (½ pint) hot water. Leave to soak for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Lift out the mushrooms, squeezing out the liquid and chop finely. Strain and reserve the liquid.
- In a large pan, melt the Bertolli and add the onion. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not browned. Add the fresh mushrooms and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring for another 2 minutes. Stir in the dried mushrooms, seasoning and rosemary sprig.
- With the heat on high, add the wine and stir until it evaporates. Now begin to add the hot stock, a ladle at a time, and allow the rice to cook gently, stirring frequently, until the liquid has been absorbed. Continue in this way for 20-25 minutes until the rice is creamy and cooked but still has a slight bite.
- Before serving, remove the rosemary and stir in a generous knob of Bertolli. Cover and leave to stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with Parmesan shavings and serve with salad leaves.
*% of reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
25g (1 oz) dried porcini or mixed mushrooms
55g (2 oz) Bertolli spread, plus extra for serving
1 small onion, finely chopped
280g (10 oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
350g (12 oz) arborio or risotto rice
A little salt and black pepper
1 large fresh rosemary sprig
150ml (1/4 pint) dry white wine
1.3 litres (2¼ pints) good quality hot chicken or veg stock
Thinly shaved Parmesan cheese, to serve