- Warm the Bertolli Light in a large pan over a high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned all over.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in the rosemary, tomatoes & puree, then bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Pour over 750ml of boiling water and bring to the boil. Break the spaghetti in half and add it to the pan. Stir well then leave to simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the rosemary and season to taste. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan and a dressed green salad.
*% of reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
1 tbsp Bertolli Light
12 fresh beef meat balls
1 onion, peeled & diced
2 celery sticks, trimmed
2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
400g tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
200g dried spaghetti
Fresh parmesan and dressed green salad