- Flatten the chicken breasts slightly and place a quarter of the gorogonzola on each breast with a quarter of the pepper slices.
- Roll up and wrap each one with 2 – 3 slices of pancetta. Secure with cocktail sticks.
- Melt the Bertolli in a large frying pan, add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally until lightly brown.
- Pour in the wine and stock, cover and simmer gently for 30 – 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Blend the cornflour with a little cold water to make a smooth paste and stir into the pan. Cook gently, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce and garnish with thyme.
*% of reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
4 corn fed chicken breasts
100g (5oz) Gorgonzola cheese
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
8 thin slices Pancetta
25g (1oz) Bertolli spread
100ml (4 fl oz) red wine
225ml (8 fl oz) chicken stock
Fresh thyme to garnish