- Preheat the oven to 220°C, 200°C fan oven, gas mark 7. Rub the chicken pieces all over with Bertolli and season.
- Place the lentils, tomatoes, onion, garlic, stock, wine, and rosemary into a medium roasting tin, just large enough to take the chicken in a single layer, and stir to combine. Top with the chicken and cover with foil or a tight fitting lid.
- Place into the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 200°C,180°C fan oven, gas mark 6 and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 10-15 minutes, until the chicken recipe becomes a rich golden colour, is thoroughly cooked and its juices run clear. Remove from the oven and place the chicken onto warmed plates to rest.
- Stir the spinach, crème fraiche and some seasoning into the lentils. Serve immediately or at room temperature with the chicken.Great with steamed green beans.
of a woman's guideline daily amount
4 chicken legs
1 tbsp Bertolli spread
275g green or Puy lentils, rinsed and drained
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
1 red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
500ml chicken stock
250ml dry white wine
100g baby spinach leaves
4 tbsp half fat crème fraiche
4 sprigs rosemary