Andrea’s Chicken, Kale & Pumpkin Pasta with Sage-Garlic Butter Sauce
Eating healthily doesn’t mean you have to compromise on taste. Andrea from The Petite Cook used Bertolli with Butter and rustic Mediterranean ingredients to create a classic Italian and low-calorie pasta. Treat yourself to her easy Chicken, Kale and Pumpkin Pasta recipe with Sage-Garlic butter sauce tonight – you might just have found your new favourite Italian pasta dish.
- 350 g short pasta (tortiglioni, penne, farfalle...)
- 200 g finely diced, peeled and seeded pumpkin
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 sprigs of thyme, teared
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 6 thinly sliced sage leaves
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp Bertolli with Butter
- 150 g chicken breast fillets, finely diced
- 150 g kale leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp toasted pine nuts (optional)
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then cook the pasta “al dente”.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp Bertolli with Butter, followed by shallot, pumpkin, thyme, sage, garlic and chilli flakes. Stir to combined and cook for 5 min.
- Pour in the stock and continue to cook until the pumpkin begins to soften, about 5 min.
- Fold in the chicken, followed by the kale and continue to cook a further 5 min, then season to taste.
- Toss the pasta into the pan with the chicken & vegetables, stir in the remaining 2 tbsp of Bertolli with Butter for an extra silky final touch to the pasta.
- Remove from the heat, sprinkle with toasted pine nuts if using. Serve immediately with freshly grated Parmigiano and pepper on top.