Mob Kitchen's Spaghetti Carbonara Frittata
If you love carbonara but also enjoy a hearty frittata, you can now indulge in the best of both worlds with this tasty dish from Mob Kitchen. This frittata is packed with flavour thanks to the creamy taste of Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, the savoury kick of the parmesan and thesaltiness of the bacon. When everything is mixed together and cooked under the grill the frittata turns to a beautiful, crispy golden brown. A delicious twist on an Italian favourite.
- 4 eggs
- 150 g Parmesan
- 500 g linguine
- 200 g unsmoked streaky bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 15 g Bertolli Butter with Olive Oil
- mixed salad leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 190°C/365°F.
- Take a bowl and grate in your Parmesan. Then add 5 eggs, and a very, very generous amount of black pepper, four or five pinches of it.
- Whisk everything together and set aside.
- Chop your bacon into bite size pieces, and then add to a frying pan.
- As this begins to start browning, add your linguine to a pan of salted boiling water.
- Once the bacon is crisp, add 2 cloves of sliced garlic.
- Allow these to soften – if the garlic or bacon looks like it is catching on the pan, add small spoons of the starchy pasta water.
- When the pasta is cooked, remove it from the heat and drain.
- In a large bowl, add your pasta, the egg and cheese mixture and the bacon and garlic. Mix everything well together.
- Frittata time. Into a wide saucepan add a large knob of Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil. Once it has melted, pour in your frittata mixture.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a medium heat, or until crispy on the bottom.
- At this point, place the pan in the oven for another 6 minutes, until the frittata is firm.
- Remove from the oven, slide it out of the pan, slice up and enjoy!