Italian Tomato Spaghetti
Of all the easy pasta recipes around, this has got to be in the top ten. It’s simple and quick to cook and packed with big classic Italian flavours. This puttanesca-style tomato sauce is spiked with olives, capers, garlic and anchovies to really pack a punch.
- 55 g (2oz) Bertolli Original Spread
- 1 - 2 tsp ready grated garlic
- 50 g can anchovy fillets in olive oil
- 2 tbsp capers
- 85 g (3 oz) black olives
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 350 g (12oz) spaghetti or other pasta
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh curly parsley
- Heat the Bertolli spread in a saucepan and sauté garlic and anchovies until soft.
- Add capers, olives and tomatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the dried spaghetti according to pack instructions. Drain.
- Add the Italian spaghetti to the sauce, toss well together and serve sprinkled with parsley.