Linguine with Garlic, Chilli and Anchovy
This linguine recipe is a twist on the classic spaghetti con aglio, olio, peperoncino (garlic, oil and chilli), a dish commonly eaten in Italy when you are hungry and in a hurry! The addition of anchovies complements the creaminess of Bertolli with Butter, giving the pasta dish the extra flavour it deserves.
- 400 g linguini
- 40 g Bertolli with Butter plus extra to serve
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 4 marinated anchovy fillet
- 1 fresh red chilli, finely sliced
- bunch of fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil.
- Cook the linguine “al dente”.
- In a large frying pan, heat the Bertolli with Butter, and add garlic, anchovies and chilli.
- On medium heat, allow the ingredients to cook in the Bertolli with Butter for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat when the anchovies have dissolved and the garlic has softened.
- Drain the linguine and add to the sauce with a little of the pasta water.
- Mix well, stirring in a second spoon of Bertolli with Butter as well as parsley to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Quick, easy, and delicious. This dish needs a simple accompaniment to match – which is why salad will go with it perfectly!