Bertollini Pasta With Broccoli and Crispy Pancetta
This easy pasta recipe is an Italian family favourite. The pancetta adds a nice flavour to the broccoli, but can be left out if you prefer. For an extra kick, add some freshly chopped red chilli with the garlic. Bertolli with Butter is great for sweating the ingredients, as well as adding a creaminess and shine to the sauce. The ridges of the cone-shaped Bertollini are perfect for catching the flavours of the sauce, but rigatoni is a great alternative.
- 6 slices pancetta, left whole
- 60 g Bertolli with Butter
- 80 g pancetta, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 400 g broccoli floret
- a little salt
- 400 g small Bertollini pasta cones (or rigatoni)
- grated Parmesan, to serve
- Grill or oven-bake the pancetta slices until crispy but not burn and set aside.
- Cook the broccoli florets until tender. Drain and set aside. Melt Bertolli with Butter in large frying pan and on a medium heat sweat chopped pancetta for a minute, add garlic and sweat for a further minute. Add the broccoli with a couple of ladles of the cooking water and cook for a couple of minutes to allow the flavours to infuse. Remove from the heat and blend to a smooth consistency adding a little salt to taste.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in slightly salted boiling water until “al dente.”
- Return the blended broccoli sauce to the frying pan, drain the pasta and over a low heat toss well together with a little cooking water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter to add shine. Serve immediately topped with crispy pancetta and grated Parmesan.