The Chiappa Sisters' Spiced Vegetable Ratatouille
The Chiappa Sisters’ are back with a fiery Italian twist on a traditional one-pot Ratatouille recipe. See how to create this classic healthy and hearty vegetarian stew that’s easy to make, and even easier to enjoy. Adding chilli to the aubergines, courgettes, tomatoes - not forgetting rich Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil - spices things up, helping to develop the depth of flavour bringing out the best in each delicious ingredient. You can watch this recipe being made here.
- 50 g Bertolli with Butter
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red or green pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 medium aubergines, thinly sliced
- 3 courgettes, thinly sliced
- 4- 6 tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- dried bouquet garni
- 15 g pack basil, roughly chopped
- black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the onions, garlic, pepper and sugar, cover and cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft but not brown.
- Stir in the aubergines, courgettes, tomatoes, seasoning and bouquet garni. Cover and cook gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the bouquet garni before serving and stir in the basil.