Stuffed Baked Artichoke
Belissimo! These eye catching artichokes are a party classic.
- Prep time20 minutes
- 4 portions
- 4 globe artichoke
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black peppercorn
- 4 tablespoons Bertolli
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
|Energy (kcal)||659 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2759 kJ|
|Protein (g)||24.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||104.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||91.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||9.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||12.6 g|
|Fat (g)||16.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||10.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||7.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||8 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||1426 mg|
|Salt (g)||3.56 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||182 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||16.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||421 mg|
|Iron (mg)||7.89 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||737 mg|
- Rinse artichokes well, tugging leaves outward to loosen slightly for stuffing.
- Trim off stems so artichokes sit on a flat surface.
- In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic salt, and pepper.
- Mix well; slowly add the melted Bertolli to the crumb mixture until it is moist enough to stick together.
- Stuff each leaf of the artichoke, starting from the bottom and working your way around, with crumb mixture.
- Stuff desired amount of leaves and shake off excess mixture and set aside for later.
- Continue this step with remaining artichokes.
- Place artichokes in a large baking pan and fill bottom of pan with 3cm of water.
- Drizzle some melted Bertolli over top of stuffed artichokes and cover tightly with heavy duty foil.
- Place the excess flavoured breadcrumbs on a baking tray and place in the top of the oven to toast. Approximately 10mins.
- Cook the Artichokes at 180 degrees C for approximately 60-80 minutes (depending on size of artichoke) or until leave comes out easily.
- Cool the Artichokes for 10 minutes, serve by sprinkling the extra toasted bread crumbs over the top to give some crunch!