This famous Italian Lasagne recipe may take a little time to prepare and cook, but it’s most definitely worth the wait. Blending the rich flavours of garlic, beef stock and red wine, it’s a treat that’s sure to please everyone at the dinner table – you may find you even have extra guests!
- 300 g beef mince 5% fat
- 100 g pork mince
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1/2 Knorr Beef Stock Cube
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano or majoram
- Good pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 glass red wine
- 115 g pre-cooked lasagne sheets
- bechamel sauce
- 400 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 small onion
- 1 small carrot
- bay leaf
- 25 g Bertolli Original Spread
- 25 g flour
- 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to moderate 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Place mince, onion and garlic in a pan and fry, stirring until the beef is browned.
- Crumble in the Knorr beef stock cube and stir in. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, pepper and wine. Bring to the boil and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the lasagne in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, until just soft. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- For the sauce, bring the milk to the boil with the onion, carrot and bayleaf. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Strain the milk and place back in the pan with the Bertolli and flour. Stirring constantly bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mixture, lasagne and sauce ending with the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes.