Macaroni Cheese with Prosciutto and Leeks
This indulgent cheesy classic, Macaroni Cheese, is given an elegant twist with the addition of prosciutto, and an ever-so-slight kick with a pinch of English mustard. Is your mouth watering yet? Well, once all the ingredients are cooked and mixed, it’s the grilling that really makes it, with that much-loved cheese crust. Simply delicious.
- 250 g macaroni
- 15 g Bertolli with Butter
- 1 small leek, chopped
- 40 g prosciutto, chopped
- cheese sauce
- 50 g Bertolli with Butter
- 50 g plain flour
- 600 ml semi-skimmed milk
- pinch English mustard
- 175 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 25 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook macaroni according to pack instructions in boiling salted water. Drain well.
- Meanwhile melt the Bertolli with Butter and sauté leek and prosciutto until softened.
- Make cheese sauce by placing Bertolli, flour and milk in a large saucepan and bring to boil, whisking continuously.
- Add Cheddar cheese and mustard and stir until melted.
- Stir in macaroni, leek and prosciutto mixture.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle top with grated Parmesan. Place under a hot grill until golden brown and bubbling.
- Serve garnished with some chopped fresh parsley.