The humble tomato has long been a mainstay of many Mediterranean recipes – and this quick and easy recipe really brings out and enhances their natural tangy flavour. It’s simple but delicious, with a mix of fresh herbs and garlic that give a super zing. Choose flavourful beefsteak tomatoes and get the best out of them.
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- 40 grams Bertolli light buttery spread
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes
- mixed salad leaves to serve
- Italian style bread to serve
- black pepper
|Energy (kcal)||2412 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||10066 kJ|
|Protein (g)||81.0 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||427.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||395.2 g|
|Sugar (g)||62.6 g|
|Fibre (g)||31.9 g|
|Fat (g)||41.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||9.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||27.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||10.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||17.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.4 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||4358 mg|
|Salt (g)||10.89 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||9407 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||116.7 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||2184 mg|
|Iron (mg)||31.28 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||2953 mg|
- Preheat oven to 220°C, 200°C fan, Gas 7
- Blend the Bertolli Light spread with the herbs and garlic.
- Halve the tomatoes, and with a sharp knife, make several shallow slits in the cut surface. Spread the herb mixture over the cut sides and arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until soft but not collapsed.
- Serve with salad leaves and Italian-style bread such as focaccia or olive bread.