Garden Vegetable Risotto
Traditional Italian comfort food meets brilliant British vegetables in this Garden Vegetable Risotto recipe from The Chiappa Sisters’. To stop the risotto burning (up to 200°C), use creamy Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil and show it some love by patiently stirring the whole time, gradually adding the stock. Make this dish suitable for vegetarians simply by switching the parmesan to an alternative cheese, for a meal that’s still warming and delicious. For more tips watch the recipe here.
- 30 g Bertolli with Butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 350 g Arborio rice
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 1 courgette, cut into small dice
- 8 asparagus tips, finely chopped
- 100 g frozen peas
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 20 g Bertolli with Butter to add before serving
- 40 g grated Parmesan
- Heat the Bertolli in a heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and sweat on a medium heat until softened.
- Stir in the rice and coat with Bertolli with butter. Add the wine and allow to evaporate, stirring all the time.
- Stir in the courgettes, asparagus and frozen peas.
- Add a couple of ladles of hot stock and stirring continuously, cook until the stock is absorbed. Add more stock and repeat. Continue adding stock slowly, cooking and stirring in this way for about 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- The rice should be soft but with a slight bite.
- Add a little extra water if necessary. Remove from the heat and mix in the Bertolli with butter and Parmesan.
- Serve with some Parmesan shavings.