Risotto Recipe with Butternut Squash, Rosemary and Chilli
This risotto recipe is so quick and easy to whip up in one pot and can be made with almost anything you have in the cupboards.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 80 grams Bertolli buttery spread
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 300 grams butternut squash cubed
- 300 grams risotto rice
- 50 ml white wine
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1.5 l liquid vegetable stock kept hot
- 60 grams grated Parmesan plus extra for sprinkling
- On a medium heat, melt 40 g of Bertolli with Butter in a saucepan, add onion, garlic and chilli and sweat until softened.
- Stir in butternut squash and rice making sure each grain is coated in the butter. Pour in wine and allow to evaporate. Stir in rosemary sprigs. Add a ladle of stock, stirring all the time, until the stock has been absorbed. Add another ladle of stock and repeat. Continue doing this for about 15 – 20 minutes until the rice is cooked “al dente.”
- Remove from the heat and stir in remaining butter (40 g) and grated parmesan until nicely melted. Divide between four plates and serve immediately with a little sprinkling of parmesan if desired.