This risotto is one of the more unusual Italian food recipes you’ll come across. It’s more savoury than sweet – with white wine, stock and parmesan – but its delicate strawberry flavour makes it a great summer starter or supper choice.
- 30 g Bertolli Original Spread
- 2 small shallots, finely chopped
- 250 g Arborio rice
- 500 g strawberries, hulled-half quartered and remaining roughly chopped
- 1/2 glass white wine (50ml)
- 1 litre vegetable stock, kept hot
- 40 g Bertolli Original Spread
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated plus extra to serve
- Heat the Bertolli Spread in a saucepan, add the shallots and sweat on a medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and coat each grain. Stir in the white wine and simmer until evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of stock, stir and simmer for a minute, then stir in the roughly chopped strawberries.
- Gradually add the remaining stock stirring all the time between additions.
- When the rice becomes al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the Bertolli Spread and grated parmesan. Leave to rest for a minute.
- Top with the quartered strawberries and some more grated parmesan, if desired, and serve.