Little Sunny Kitchen, Mushroom Risotto
This simple and delicious one pot Risotto recipe is one that’s sure to impress friends and family on any occasion. Start by heating Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, (don’t worry you won’t have to worry about it burning*) and it retains its buttery taste. Add onion and garlic to your butter, before adding rice, white wine and stock. Finish this delicious dish by adding more butter for a beautiful creamy texture. Top with freshly-grated parmesan, pine nuts and chopped parsley – easy! *up to 200°C.
- Prep time5 minutes
- 4 portions
- 20 grams Bertolli buttery spread with olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 150 grams chestnut mushrooms sliced
- 300 grams Arborio rice
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 30 gram fresh peas
- 20 grams freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ground black pepper
- pine nuts to garnish
- chopped parsley leaves to garnish
- In a large heavy based sauce pan, heat Bertolli with butter and olive oil.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add chestnut mushrooms, and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Stir in Arborio rice, followed by white wine and simmer while frequently stirring until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Start adding the vegetable stock. Add it gradually by adding a quarter of the stock, and simmer while stirring often. Add the same amount of stock and continue stirring. When the final quarter of vegetable stock has been added the rice should be creamy and tender.
- Add peas and an extra 15g of Bertolli with butter and olive oil, and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Remove from heat, serve with pine nuts and freshly grated parmesan cheese and parsley.