This easy pizza recipe livens up focaccia (or any of your favourite Italian breads) by topping it with sliced courgettes, aubergine and sun-dried tomato paste, plus mozzarella, basil and green olives. Another easy dish to add to your list of lunch ideas.
- 1 tbsp Bertolli Light
- 12 fresh beef meatballs
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 200 g dried spaghetti
- Fresh Parmesan and dressed green salad
- Warm the Bertolli Light in a large pan over a high heat. Add the meatballs and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until well browned all over.
- Add the onion, celery and garlic, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Stir in the rosemary, tomatoes & puree, then bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5 minutes, until thickened slightly.
- Pour over 750ml of boiling water and bring to the boil. Break the spaghetti in half and add it to the pan. Stir well then leave to simmer for 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the rosemary and season to taste. Serve with plenty of grated Parmesan and a dressed green salad.