Bertolli spread makes a perfect, tasty alternative to butter as an ingredient for delicious crusty garlic bread. It’s traditional to use a French baguette but you can use any of your favourite Italian breads too.
- 115 g (4 oz) Bertolli Original Spread
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp dried mixed herbs, chopped
- 1 French loaf
- Mix Bertolli with crushed garlic and the herbs.
- Slice French loaf to within 1cm (½ inch) from base. Spread garlic Bertolli between slices.
- Wrap in foil and bake in pre-heated moderate oven 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, slice and serve hot.