Tomato & Gorgonzola Crostini
Another of those simple yet tasty Italian recipes that are just perfect for party treats or dinner party starters – or even a delicious snack just for you and the family! These Italian bread crostini are boosted with capers, anchovy, basil and garlic, as well as tangy tomato and rich salty gorgonzola. They’re very easy to put together but still pack a great flavourful punch.
- 55 g (2 oz) Bertolli Original Spread
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp capers, chopped
- 4 anchovy fillet, drained and mashed
- 8 ciabatta bread slices
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 85 g (3oz) gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- fresh basil leaves, torn
- Mix together Bertolli, parsley, garlic, capers and anchovies and spread thickly over the ciabatta slices.
- Top with tomato slices and scatter over the cheese and basil leaves.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven at 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas 6 for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.