Deliver that wow factor with our easy but delicious Arancini – a traditional Italian risotto rice balls recipe, perfect as a starter or a light lunch. Having heated Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, add your bacon, onion, and garlic. Then add your rice and wine, before gradually adding chicken stock. Once you’ve put in the peas and Parmesan, leave to cool slightly before making your risotto balls. Coat in flour, egg, and breadcrumbs, and then fry in a deep fat fryer or deep saucepan. Serve with a refreshing salad, and you’re in for a treat.
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- 4 portions
- 25 grams Bertolli buttery spread with olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 50 grams bacon finely diced
- 225 grams Arborio rice
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 600 ml hot chicken stock made with 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 75 grams frozen peas
- 30 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
- 100 grams mozzarella cut into 2 cm cubes
- 5 grams plain flour
- 100 grams dry breadcrumbs
|Energy (kcal)||576 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2413 kJ|
|Protein (g)||20.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||72.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||68.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||3.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.9 g|
|Fat (g)||18.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||7.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||7.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||87 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||1177 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.94 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||700 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||14.8 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||291 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.85 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||369 mg|
- Heat the Bertolli in a large saucepan and fry onion, garlic and bacon until just cooked but not browned.
- Add the rice and cook stirring until well coated in Bertolli. Pour in the wine and cook, stirring until absorbed. Gradually add chicken stock, cooking until absorbed and stirring frequently.
- Add the peas and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Leave to cool slightly.
- For each ball, roll 2 tablespoons of the risotto into a ball and then press a piece of mozzarella cheese into the centre and roll around to enclose fully.
- Coat lightly with flour, dip into the egg mix and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- Cook in deep fat fryer or large deep saucepan to 180°C. Fry a few at a time until evenly golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm whilst frying the remainder.
- Delicious as a starter or for lunch or nibbles.