Deliver that wow factor with our easy but delicious Arancini – a traditional Italian risotto rice balls recipe, perfect as a starter or a light lunch.
- Prep time20 minutes
- 4 portions
- 25 grams Bertolli buttery spread with olive oil
- 1 shallot finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 50 grams bacon finely diced
- 225 grams Arborio rice
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 600 ml hot chicken stock made with 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 75 grams frozen peas
- 30 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
- 100 grams mozzarella cut into 2 cm cubes
- 5 grams plain flour
- 100 grams dry breadcrumbs
|Energy (kcal)||576 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2413 kJ|
|Protein (g)||20.7 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||72.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||68.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||3.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.9 g|
|Fat (g)||18.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||7.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||7.3 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||5.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||87 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||1177 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.94 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||700 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||14.8 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||291 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.85 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||369 mg|
- Heat the Bertolli in a large saucepan and fry onion, garlic and bacon until just cooked but not browned.
- Add the rice and cook stirring until well coated in Bertolli. Pour in the wine and cook, stirring until absorbed. Gradually add chicken stock, cooking until absorbed and stirring frequently.
- Add the peas and stir in the Parmesan cheese. Leave to cool slightly.
- For each ball, roll 2 tablespoons of the risotto into a ball and then press a piece of mozzarella cheese into the centre and roll around to enclose fully.
- Coat lightly with flour, dip into the egg mix and finally roll in breadcrumbs.
- Cook in deep fat fryer or large deep saucepan to 180°C. Fry a few at a time until evenly golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm whilst frying the remainder.
- Delicious as a starter or for lunch or nibbles.