A Quick and Simple Tagilatelle with Pancetta Recipe
Walnuts combine really well with this creamy sauce, giving it a crisp and crunchy texture. To sauté the pancetta and onion, you’ve got to use Bertolli with Butter! Its creaminess blends perfectly in the rich cheesy sauce. And if you prefer a slightly stronger flavour, just swap Dolcelatte for Gorgonzola. This is one dish you’ll go nuts for.
- 400 g tagliatelle - fresh or dried
- 40 g Bertolli with Butter
- 150 g pancetta, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 150 g dolcelatte cheese, roughly chopped
- 150 ml single cream
- 100 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- freshly ground black pepper, to serve
- Place a large saucepan of salted water on the heat, bring to the boil and cook the tagliatelle until “al dente.”
- Meanwhile, melt Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan, add pancetta and saute’ for 2 – 3 minutes on a high to medium heat until almost crispy. Add onion and sweat for a couple of minutes until the onion has softened. Lower the heat, add Dolcelatte and stir until the cheese begins to melt, stir in the cream.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce, toss well with a little of the cooking water and stir in half of the walnuts. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with the remaining walnuts and a sprinkling of black pepper.