Pasta with broccoli, pesto and chilli
This has to be one of our favourite easy pasta recipes. It’s quick to whip up and packs flavour with pancetta, chilli and pesto piles. Bite-size broccoli florets and cherry tomatoes add extra little mouthfuls of tasty goodness. Great for a healthy dinner or to expand your repertoire of mouth-watering lunch ideas.
- Prep time10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 40 grams Bertolli light buttery spread
- 130 grams pack pancetta slices or proscuitto finely chopped or cut into pieces
- 1 large fresh red chilli seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 350 grams small fresh broccoli floret
- 225 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsps Bertolli pesto verde
- 16 small cherry tomatoes halved
- a little salt
- black pepper
- 350 grams short pasta shapes such as riccioli
- finely diced pecorino or Parmesan cheese optional
- Heat the Bertolli Light spread in a pan and add the pancetta. Cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Stir in the chilli and garlic. Add the broccoli and stock. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is just cooked.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of rapidly boiling salted water according to pack directions or until just tender.
- Stir the pesto and tomato halves into the broccoli mixture. Season with salt and pepper and heat through.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the vegetables.
- Serve sprinkled with the cheese if using.