Traditional Italian comfort food meets brilliant British vegetables in this Garden Vegetable Risotto recipe from The Chiappa Sisters’.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 30 grams Bertolli buttery spread
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 350 grams Arborio rice
- 125 ml dry white wine
- 1 courgette cut into small dice
- 8 asparagus tips finely chopped
- 100 grams frozen peas
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 20 grams Bertolli buttery spread add before serving
- 40 grams grated Parmesan
- Heat the Bertolli in a heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and sweat on a medium heat until softened.
- Stir in the rice and coat with Bertolli with butter. Add the wine and allow to evaporate, stirring all the time.
- Stir in the courgettes, asparagus and frozen peas.
- Add a couple of ladles of hot stock and stirring continuously, cook until the stock is absorbed. Add more stock and repeat. Continue adding stock slowly, cooking and stirring in this way for about 20 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- The rice should be soft but with a slight bite.
- Add a little extra water if necessary. Remove from the heat and mix in the Bertolli with butter and Parmesan.
- Serve with some Parmesan shavings.