Bertolli spread makes a perfect, tasty alternative to butter as an ingredient for delicious crusty garlic bread. It’s traditional to use a French baguette but you can use any of your favourite Italian breads too.
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time12 minutes
- 6 portions
- 115 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tbsps dried mixed herbs chopped
- 1 French baguette
|Energy (kcal)||108 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||453 kJ|
|Protein (g)||0.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||1.7 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||0.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.8 g|
|Fat (g)||11.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||8.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.7 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||5.1 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||0 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||1 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.00 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||716 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||0.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||34 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.68 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||32 mg|
- Mix Bertolli with crushed garlic and the herbs.
- Slice French loaf to within 1cm (½ inch) from base. Spread garlic Bertolli between slices.
- Wrap in foil and bake in pre-heated moderate oven 180°C, 160°C fan oven, Gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, slice and serve hot.