Katie Pix's Sage & Bertolli with Butter Pasta Frittata
Looking for a hearty dish that’s both fantastic and simple? Look no further than this frittata from Katie Pix, which is packed with flavour. Heat Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, and sprinkle in some sage leaves and garlic. Then add your cooked pasta and allow your spaghetti to crisp. Now add creamy mozzarella (don’t be afraid to treat yourself to a healthy portion) and top generously with pecorino. To finish, slide under the grill and allow to crisp. Serve with a salad and enjoy.
- Prep time10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 10 sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 350 grams spaghetti
- 2 level tbsp Bertolli buttery spread with olive oil
- 6 large free range eggs
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 75 grams reduced fat mozzarella
- 20 grams pecorino cheese grated
|Energy (kcal)||509 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2132 kJ|
|Protein (g)||24.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||67.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||64.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||3.1 g|
|Fibre (g)||2.9 g|
|Fat (g)||14.5 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||5.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||6.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||3.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.3 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||339 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||280 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.70 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||567 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||9.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||126 mg|
|Iron (mg)||2.84 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||350 mg|
- Pop your spaghetti on the boil and cook through, Going against everything I’ve ever told you about cooking pasta, this time only, you don’t necessarily want an al dente texture!
- Add the Bertolli to a wide, deep frying pan with your sage leaves and garlic cloves. You want your sage to fry and your garlic to flavour the oil (remove before it burns).
- Remove the sage leaves – set aside 4 for a garnish and crush the others in a pestle and mortar.
- Add your cooked pasta to the pan. This is where we’re going to gain back some of that lovely bite. Keep the heat high and allow the spaghetti to crisp a little.
- At this point push some slices of mozzarella into the frittata and top generously with pecorino.