This famous Italian Lasagne recipe may take a little time to prepare and cook, but it’s most definitely worth the wait.
- Prep time25 minutes
- 4 portions
- 300 grams beef mince 5% fat
- 100 grams pork mince
- 1 medium-boiled onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 large carrot diced
- 1/2 beef stock cube
- 400 grams tinned tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon oregano or majoram
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 glass red wine
- 115 grams pre-cooked lasagne sheets
- bechamel sauce
- 400 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 small onion
- 1 small carrot
- bay leaf
- 25 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 25 grams flour
- 25 grams Parmesan cheese grated
|Energy (kcal)||513 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2147 kJ|
|Protein (g)||32.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||48.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||43.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||14.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.1 g|
|Fat (g)||17.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||6.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||6.3 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||77 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||454 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.13 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||12323 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||18.0 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||288 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.27 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1119 mg|
- Pre-heat oven to moderate 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Place mince, onion and garlic in a pan and fry, stirring until the beef is browned.
- Crumble in the Knorr beef stock cube and stir in. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs, pepper and wine. Bring to the boil and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cook the lasagne in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, until just soft. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- For the sauce, bring the milk to the boil with the onion, carrot and bayleaf. Take off the heat and leave to infuse for 10-15 minutes. Strain the milk and place back in the pan with the Bertolli and flour. Stirring constantly bring to the boil and simmer for 2-3 minutes until thickened and smooth.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer the meat mixture, lasagne and sauce ending with the sauce and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes.