Pesto Pasta with Grilled Chicken, Cherry Tomatoes and Rocket
Whatever the weather, this simple-to-make pasta recipe from Vikalinka’s Julia is guaranteed to bring sunshine to your table. Healthy grilled chicken is complemented by homemade basil pesto, juicy tomatoes, peppery rocket and Bertolli with Butter for a bold and vibrant pasta dish that’s just bursting with Mediterranean goodness.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
For the pesto
- 1 big bunch of fresh basil
- 50 grams blanched almond
- 50 grams Grana Padano cheese block plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
For the pasta
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast
- 320 grams short pasta
- 1 tbsp Bertolli buttery spread
- 3 cloves garlic
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- In a food processor combine basil leaves, almonds, Grana Padano cheese, the juice of one lemon and minced garlic, process until smooth. With the motor of the food processor still running add olive oil through a shoot. Taste and add a pinch of salt in necessary.
- Preheat the grill, sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill them on each side for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Bring water to boiling a large pot of water, add pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- A few minutes before the pasta is ready heat the Bertolli spread in a large pan over medium heat, add sliced garlic, halved cherry tomatoes and rocket, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain pasta and reserve 1 cup of cooking water. Add pasta and pesto to the pan, toss everything together, add some reserved cooking water to loosen the pasta and allow the pesto to coat the pasta. Taste and add some salt if desired.
- Slice grilled chicken and add to the pasta. Serve immediately with a bit of grated Grana Padano.