Pollo alla Pancetta
This pan-fried chicken dish is packed with strong, rich flavours, all married together in a sauce created from the cooking juices. Tangy Gorgonzola cheese melts into red wine and stock, and blends with red peppers, while the chicken breast is kept moist and tender by a crisp layer of tasty pancetta.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 4 skin on corn fed chicken breast fillets
- 100 grams gorgonzola cheese
- 1 red pepper thinly sliced
- 8 thin pancetta slices
- 25 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 100 ml red wine
- 225 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp cornflour
- fresh thyme to garnish
- Flatten the chicken breasts slightly and place a quarter of the gorogonzola on each breast with a quarter of the pepper slices.
- Roll up and wrap each one with 2 – 3 slices of pancetta. Secure with cocktail sticks.
- Melt the Bertolli in a large frying pan, add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally until lightly brown.
- Pour in the wine and stock, cover and simmer gently for 30 – 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Blend the cornflour with a little cold water to make a smooth paste and stir into the pan. Cook gently, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Serve the chicken with the sauce and garnish with thyme.