Prawn and Asparagus Risotto
Whipping up this deliciously authentic Prawn and Asparagus Risotto recipe is a simple treat. Once you’ve cooked your onion and garlic in our flavoursome Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, add your rice and white wine, before pouring in stock ladle by ladle, each time waiting until it has been absorbed. Your asparagus, prawns, and the zest of a lemon go in five minutes before the end of cooking time, then stir in Parmesan and parsley. Add Parmesan curls for decoration, and you’re ready to serve.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- 4 portions
- 30 grams Bertolli buttery spread with olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 300 grams risotto rice
- 100 ml white wine (optional)
- 1 fish stock pot dissolved in 1 litre boiling water
- 125 grams asparagus tips cut into bite-sized pieces
- 200 grams cooked and peeled prawns
- 1 lemon zest
- 40 grams Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- black pepper to taste
|Energy (kcal)||408 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1725 kJ|
|Protein (g)||16.4 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||64.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||63.4 g|
|Sugar (g)||1.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.4 g|
|Fat (g)||7.1 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.9 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||1.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||0.8 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||70 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||532 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.33 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||372 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||6.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||165 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.78 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||173 mg|
- Heat the Bertolli in a saucepan, add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until soft for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook gently for a further minute.
- Add the rice and stir to coat thoroughly. Add the wine (if using) and stir until it has evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of hot stock to the rice and stir until it has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock in this way.
- Add the asparagus, prawns and lemon zest, 5 minutes before the end of cooking time. If required add a little extra stock until rice is cooked.
- Stir in the Parmesan and parsley, season to taste with black pepper and serve with a few Parmesan curls for decoration.