This risotto is one of the more unusual Italian food recipes you’ll come across. It’s more savoury than sweet – with white wine, stock and parmesan – but its delicate strawberry flavour makes it a great summer starter or supper choice.
- Prep time10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 30 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 2 small shallots finely chopped
- 250 grams Arborio rice
- 500 grams strawberries hulled-half quartered and remaining roughly chopped
- 1/2 glass white wine (50ml)
- 1 litre vegetable stock kept hot
- 40 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese freshly grated plus extra to serve
- Heat the Bertolli Spread in a saucepan, add the shallots and sweat on a medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and coat each grain. Stir in the white wine and simmer until evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of stock, stir and simmer for a minute, then stir in the roughly chopped strawberries.
- Gradually add the remaining stock stirring all the time between additions.
- When the rice becomes al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the Bertolli Spread and grated parmesan. Leave to rest for a minute.
- Top with the quartered strawberries and some more grated parmesan, if desired, and serve.