This risotto is one of the more unusual Italian food recipes you’ll come across. It’s more savoury than sweet – with white wine, stock and parmesan – but its delicate strawberry flavour makes it a great summer starter or supper choice.
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 30 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 2 small shallots finely chopped
- 250 grams Arborio rice
- 500 grams strawberries hulled-half quartered and remaining roughly chopped
- 1/2 glass white wine (50ml)
- 1 litre vegetable stock kept hot
- 40 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 50 grams Parmesan cheese freshly grated plus extra to serve
|Energy (kcal)||442 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1851 kJ|
|Protein (g)||9.5 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||63.8 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||59.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||9.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||4.3 g|
|Fat (g)||14.4 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.3 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||5.0 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||9 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||798 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.99 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||738 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||69.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||177 mg|
|Iron (mg)||3.37 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||282 mg|
- Heat the Bertolli Spread in a saucepan, add the shallots and sweat on a medium heat.
- Stir in the rice and coat each grain. Stir in the white wine and simmer until evaporated.
- Add a ladleful of stock, stir and simmer for a minute, then stir in the roughly chopped strawberries.
- Gradually add the remaining stock stirring all the time between additions.
- When the rice becomes al dente, remove from the heat and stir in the Bertolli Spread and grated parmesan. Leave to rest for a minute.
- Top with the quartered strawberries and some more grated parmesan, if desired, and serve.