The Chiappas' Chicken, Pancetta & Spinach Penne
Looking for a pasta dish that will impress your friends? With its chilli and paprika kick, try this easy Chicken, Pancetta & Spinach Penne pasta recipe from the Chiappa Sisters’. Bursting with flavour, it looks just as delicious as it tastes – creamy, silky and a little spicy for something a bit different. Follow Michela and Romina as they mix all the simple ingredients into one tasty pot.
Watch the Chiappas in action here.
- 20 g Bertolli with Butter
- 180 g of pasta
- 250 g chicken breast fillets
- 20 g smoked pancetta slice
- 80 g fresh baby spinach leaves washed and dried
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- olive oil
- grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Chop your onions and garlic.
- Cut into small pieces the chicken and pancetta and season with salt, pepper, paprika and chili flakes
- Heat a little of the Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan and cook your chicken and pancetta until golden and slightly crispy.
- Add your onions and garlic to the chicken and fry for a further minute.
- Cook your pasta in boiling water according to packet directions until al dente.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of pasta water, and gently mix it into the pan with the cooked chicken.
- Add the remaining Bertolli with Butter to the hot pan to create a creamy sauce.
- Loosen with a little of the pasta water if necessary and turn off the heat.
- Scatter over the spinach leaves and place a lid on top to wilt the spinach.
- Serve with a sprinkling of grated parmesan.