Create the ultimate comfort food with our creamy Chicken Risotto recipe. Using Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, fry your onion and garlic. Then add your rice and white wine, before pouring in stock ladle by ladle, waiting until it’s been absorbed each time. Add your cooked chicken, and simmer until heated through. Stir in the Parmesan and thyme, and season to taste with black Pepper. Bellissimo!
- 30 g Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 100 ml white wine
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot (dissolved in one litre boiling water)
- 250 g skinless chicken breast fillet, cooked and diced
- 40 g Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the Bertolli in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the rice and stir to coat thoroughly until transparent.
- Add the wine and stir until it has evaporated. Add a ladleful of the stock to the rice, stirring constantly, until the rice has absorbed the liquid; continue adding the stock in this way.
- About 5 minutes from the end of cooking time add the chicken and simmer until thoroughly heated.
- Stir in the Parmesan, thyme, and season to taste with freshly ground black pepper. Cover and leave for 2 minutes then serve sprinkled with extra Parmesan.