Red Berry Cheesecake
This cheesecake combines the sweet tartness of your favourite red berries – such as cherries, raspberries or strawberries – with the rich creaminess of ricotta and the almond taste of the Amaretti biscuit base. Steeping the berries in almond liqueur keeps the underlying nutty flavour consistent throughout this irresistible pudding.
- 55 g (2 oz) Bertolli Original Spread
- 175 g (6 oz) amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 350 g (12 oz) ricotta cheese
- 350 g (12 oz) reduced-fat fromage frais
- 3 large eggs
- 150 g (5 oz) caster sugar
- 225 g (8 oz) red fruit e.g. cherries, raspberries, and strawberries, marinated in 2 tablespoons almond liqueur
- Melt the Bertolli spread and mix with the biscuit crumbs. Press into the base of a 22 cm (9 inch) loose-bottomed baking tin. Chill.
- Place the filling ingredients and 1/3 of the fruits in a large bowl and mix well together.
- Pour over the base and bake in preheated oven 150 ° C, 140 °C fan oven, Gas mark 2 for 30-40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave in until cold. Chill in refrigerator.
- Decorate the cheesecake with the remaining fruit.
- Sprinkle with a little crushed biscuit if liked.