Making this dessert is as easy as 1,2,3. First make a sponge cake, then soak it in coffee and wine, and finally coat it in a creamy cheese mixture and chill. Traditional Italian recipes for tiramisu use sweet Marsala wine, but you can substitute brandy or rum if you prefer. Equally important is the other familiar ingredient – strong, freshly brewed black coffee.
- Cooking time35 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 10 portions
- 115 grams Bertolli buttery spread light
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs lightly beaten
- 115 grams self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsps Marsala wine, brandy or rum
- 150 ml strong black coffee
- 150 Elmlea double cream light for whipping
- 25 grams icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 grams tub reduced fat mascarpone cheese
- 250 grams tub ricotta cheese
- cocoa butter for dusting
|Energy (kcal)||1107 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||4623 kJ|
|Protein (g)||11.1 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||31.6 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||31.3 g|
|Sugar (g)||15.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.3 g|
|Fat (g)||105.2 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||62.8 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||33.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||27.5 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||6.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||350 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||293 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.73 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||3872 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.4 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||279 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.92 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||234 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, 150°C fan oven, Gas 3. Grease and line the base of a 20cm (8 inch) sandwich tin with non-stick baking parchment.
- To make the cake, put the Bertolli, sugar and eggs into a bowl and sift the flour and baking powder over. Beat until well mixed. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes until firm to the touch. Turn out, remove the paper and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cut the cooled cake into small pieces and arrange in the base of a shallow serving dish. Stir the Marsala into the coffee and pour evenly over the cake.
- In a bowl, whisk together the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Soften the mascarpone and ricotta cheeses and fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the cake and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, sift some cocoa powder over the surface.