Spaghetti with Tomato Pasta Sauce
This quintessential Italian pasta dish is always a favourite at the dinner table! It combines some of our favourite fresh Italian ingredients, including tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- 400 g spaghetti
- 50 g Bertolli with Butter + extra knob
- 3 garlic cloves
- 600 g sweet, ripe cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- handful of basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil.
- Add the spaghetti and cook until “al dente.” Tip: use lightly salted water to cook pasta in.
- Meanwhile heat the Bertolli with Butter in a pan. Add garlic and stir fry on medium heat for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes and some salt and pepper, stirring slowly.
- Lower the heat and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Stir in the basil leaves.
- Drain the spaghetti and add to the sauce with a little of the pasta water and an extra knob of Bertolli with Butter.
- Mix together and serve.