Tuna and Pasta Bake
To be enjoyed hot or cold, this Tuna and Pasta Bake is something you can make with what’s already stocked in your kitchen cupboard. The Bertolli with Butter and mustard powder really bring definition to the dish, while the tuna, sweetcorn and peas keep it light and fresh. It’s perfect boxed up for workweek lunches – if there’s any left over that is.
- 350 g pasta shapes
- 30 g Bertolli with Butter
- 30 g flour
- 1 level teaspoon Colman's Mustard Powder
- 400 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 125 g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 g can tinned tuna in spring water
- 200 g can sweetcorn, drained
- 115 g frozen peas
- handful of freshly chopped parsley, optional
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions and drain.
- Meanwhile, place Bertolli with Butter, flour, mustard and milk in a saucepan and place over a moderate heat. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- Add half the cheese, tuna, sweetcorn and peas and the cooked pasta. Spoon into an ovenproof dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas 6 for 20-25 minutes. Garnish with parsley if desired.