Linguine with Fresh Salmon
This simple salmon linguine pasta dish is ideal for a quick midweek supper, that doesn’t compromise on taste.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 2 salmon fillets, 180g each
- 400 grams linguine
- 60 grams Bertolli buttery spread
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 400 grams fresh baby plum tomatoes finely sliced
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 50 ml white wine
- handful parsley roughly chopped
- Slice the salmon into thin strips and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan of salted water on the heat, bring to the boil and cook the linguine until “al dente.”
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Melt 30 g of Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan, add onion and sweat on a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the onion has softened. Stir in olives and tomatoes, increase the heat and add a ladle of hot water to the pan, season with a little salt, lower the heat and continue to cook on a low to medium heat.
- Take another frying pan, melt 30 g of Bertolli with Butter, add salmon pieces, chilli and some salt and cook on a medium to high heat until the salmon is sealed on all sides. Add white wine and allow to evaporate. Transfer the salmon to the tomato mixture and add parsley.
- Drain the linguine, add to the sauce tossing well together adding a little of the pasta water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.