Linguine with Fresh Salmon
This simple Linguine pasta dish is ideal for a quick midweek supper, that doesn’t compromise on taste. Bertolli with Butter works great to not only sauté the onion and seal the salmon, but to add creaminess when combining the pasta and sauce at the end. Like it spicy? Of course you do! Just add chilli to give the salmon a bit of kick. Light and fresh, this is a great summer treat.
- Cooking time15 minutes
- Prep time15 minutes
- 4 portions
- 2 salmon fillets, 180g each
- 400 grams linguine
- 60 grams Bertolli buttery spread
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 400 grams fresh baby plum tomatoes finely sliced
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 50 ml white wine
- handful parsley roughly chopped
|Energy (kcal)||583 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||2440 kJ|
|Protein (g)||28.8 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||82.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||77.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||7.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||5.0 g|
|Fat (g)||13.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||2.7 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||9.2 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||5.2 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||32 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||106 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.27 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1638 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||27.3 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||51 mg|
|Iron (mg)||4.13 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||791 mg|
- Slice the salmon into thin strips and set aside.
- Place a large saucepan of salted water on the heat, bring to the boil and cook the linguine until “al dente.”
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Melt 30 g of Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan, add onion and sweat on a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the onion has softened. Stir in olives and tomatoes, increase the heat and add a ladle of hot water to the pan, season with a little salt, lower the heat and continue to cook on a low to medium heat.
- Take another frying pan, melt 30 g of Bertolli with Butter, add salmon pieces, chilli and some salt and cook on a medium to high heat until the salmon is sealed on all sides. Add white wine and allow to evaporate. Transfer the salmon to the tomato mixture and add parsley.
- Drain the linguine, add to the sauce tossing well together adding a little of the pasta water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Remove from the heat and serve immediately.