Linguine with Garlic, Chilli and Anchovy
This linguine with garlic recipe is a twist on the classic spaghetti con aglio, olio, peperoncino (garlic, oil and chilli), a dish commonly eaten in Italy when you are hungry and in a hurry!
- Prep time10 minutes
- 4 portions
- 400 grams linguini
- 40 grams Bertolli buttery spread plus extra to serve
- 4 garlic cloves finely sliced
- 4 marinated anchovy fillets
- 1 fresh red chilli finely sliced
- bunch of fresh parsley roughly chopped
- Bring a large saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil.
- Cook the linguine “al dente”.
- In a large frying pan, heat the Bertolli with Butter, and add garlic, anchovies and chilli.
- On medium heat, allow the ingredients to cook in the Bertolli with Butter for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat when the anchovies have dissolved and the garlic has softened.
- Drain the linguine and add to the sauce with a little of the pasta water.
- Mix well, stirring in a second spoon of Bertolli with Butter as well as parsley to taste.
- Serve immediately.