Salmon and Pasta
You can’t go far wrong with cooked fresh salmon, especially when you add to that some garlic, chili and capers. This pasta recipe with salmon is bursting with flavour, and only takes 25-minutes to prepare and cook. Ideal for dinners in a dash or lazy weekend lunches. This is fast food that’s actually good for you – and your taste buds too!
- 350 g penne pasta, dried
- 25 g Bertolli with Butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 350 g cooked fresh salmon (or smoked salmon)
- 50 ml dry white wine, optional
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions for about 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile heat the Bertolli with butter and saute the garlic, pepper and chilli for 3-4 minutes. Add the salmon, wine and tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Add the cooked pasta, capers and olives and heat through. Season to taste.
- Serve garnished with fresh basil.