Bertollini Pasta With Seafood and Courgettes
Courgettes and seafood go really well together and are often added to pasta and risotto dishes in Italy. The combination of olive oil and the rich buttery taste of Bertolli with Butter really adds definition to this recipe’s sauce. Bertollini pasta works well in this dish as the cone-shape fills with flavour while the flat edges become deliciously glossy – but try it with linguine for a more traditional take on this classic. Buono!
Buy Bertollini here.
Buy Bertollini here.
- Cooking time8 minutes
- Prep time5 minutes
- 6 portions
- 400 grams Bertollini pasta cones (white) (or linguine)
- 400 grams courgette
- 60 grams Bertolli buttery spread
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- 300 grams peeled prawns
- 200 grams squid thinly sliced
- 200 grams fresh baby plum tomatoes sliced
- 100 ml white wine
- handful of basil sliced
- 4 courgette flowers roughly torn (optional)
|Energy (kcal)||404 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1690 kJ|
|Protein (g)||22.2 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||56.5 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||53.0 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.4 g|
|Fat (g)||8.3 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.6 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||5.5 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||3.4 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||141 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||311 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.78 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||954 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||27.1 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||76 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.72 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||609 mg|
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted water on the heat and bring to the boil to cook the pasta which will take 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt Bertolli with Butter in a large frying pan and over a medium heat, sweat garlic and chilli, if using. Increase the heat, add squid and stir-fry for about 30 seconds, add half of the white wine and allow evaporating.
- Lower the heat, add tomatoes and cook for a minute. Add prawns and cook for a further 1 minute. Increase the heat, add remaining wine and allow evaporating.
- Lower the heat further, stir in grated courgettes, a little salt, basil and a ladle of hot water (you can take this from the cooking pasta water) and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and toss well with a knob of Bertolli with Butter continuing to cook for a minute or so. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with torn courgette flowers.