Elizabeth’s Seafood Linguine
If you love seafood and Italy, Elizabeth’s Kitchen Diary’s Linguine ai Frutti di Mare (Seafood Linguine) will transport you to a sunny terrazzo overlooking the Ligurian coastline. If possible, try to find the freshest shellfish available: we promise the combination of mussels, langoustines, scallops, saffron, cream and Bertolli with Butter will more than reward your efforts.
- Prep time30 minutes
- 4 portions
- 4 tbsps Bertolli buttery spread
- 1 large leek
- 1 onion
- 1 large clove garlic
- 80 ml dry white wine
- 80 ml single cream
- 1 kg mussels
- 4 langoustines
- 4 large scallops or 8 small
- pinch saffron
- fresh ground black pepper
- fresh flat-leaf parsley to garnish
- 300 grams dried linguine
|Energy (kcal)||719 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||3009 kJ|
|Protein (g)||52.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||74.4 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||71.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||4.7 g|
|Fibre (g)||3.3 g|
|Fat (g)||19.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||5.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||10.0 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||5.8 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||155 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||989 mg|
|Salt (g)||2.47 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1355 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||26.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||150 mg|
|Iron (mg)||13.13 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||1176 mg|
- Clean the mussels and discard any that are open or have cracked shells.
- Slice leeks into thin circles and finely dice the onion and garlic.
- Heat half the Bertolli with butter in a deep, heavy bottomed skillet with a fitted lid and gently sauté the vegetables for 5 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Meanwhile, bring two pans of water to the boil - one for the pasta and one for the langoustines.
- Heat the other half of the Bertolli with butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the cream, wine and saffron to the vegetable mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Add the mussels to the vegetables, give the pan a good shake and pop the lid on, shaking occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and plunge the langoustines into the boiling water, cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Sear the scallops on both sides for 1.5 minutes each in the frying pan.
- Drain the pasta and toss gently with the mussels and vegetables, discarding any mussels which are not open. Top with a langoustine, the scallops and sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately