Italian Penne Pasta with Peppers, Capers & Olives
Packed with colourful, healthy Mediterranean vegetables, this simple, but tasty Italian-style Penne pasta dish with peppers, capers and olives is perfect for a quick mid-week supper.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 3 portions
- 200 grams penne pasta
- 80 grams Bertolli buttery spread & extra knob
- 1 medium-sized red onion finely chopped
- 1 red pepper sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 20 black or green olives
- 260 grams cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
- handful of parsley finely chopped
- grated Parmesan to serve (optional)
- Place a large saucepan of slightly salted water to the boil, add the penne and cook until “al dente.”
- Melt Bertolli with Butter in a frying pan, add onion and sweat on a medium heat for about 3 minutes. Stir in capers, olives, peppers and some salt, cover with a lid and cook on a medium to low heat for about 5 minutes until the peppers have softened. Stir in the tomatoes and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the penne, reserving a little of the cooking water. Add the cooked penne to the sauce and toss well together with the cooking water and a knob of Bertolli with Butter. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with a little grated parmesan if desired.