Leeks with Bacon
This leeks and bacon dish is a simple but distinctive side dish that’s perfect with roast meats or grilled chops – or even crusty Italian bread.
- Prep time5 minutes
- 4 portions
- 60 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 100 grams bacon or pancetta finely chopped
- 750 grams leeks finely sliced washed and patted dry
- 75 ml hot vegetable stock
- Melt the Bertolli spread in a frying pan, add the pancetta (a popular Italian deli meat) or bacon and stir-fry on a medium heat until crispy. Stir in the leeks, season with salt and pepper and stir-fry for a couple of minutes. Add the vegetable stock, lower the heat, cover with a lid and simmer gently for 10 minutes until the leeks are soft.
- Remove from the heat and serve recipe immediately.