Cook up a traditional Italian treat with our tasty Melanzane Parmigiana (aubergine, tomato and parmesan bake) recipe.
- Prep time20 minutes
- 4 portions
- 2 aubergines sliced
- 40 grams Bertolli buttery spread with olive oil
- 115 grams fresh mozzarella cheese
- 115 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 400 grams can tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 0,5 tsp fennel seeds
- Place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fry the aubergine slices in the Bertolli and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place a layer of tomato sauce in an ovenproof dish or individual dishes.
- Cover with a layer of aubergine slices and then slices of cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up, finishing with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven 200 ° C, 180 ° C fan, Gas mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.