Cook up a traditional Italian treat with our tasty Melanzane Parmigiana (aubergine, tomato and parmesan bake) recipe. Once you’ve got your sauce on the go, fry aubergine slices in our delicious new Bertolli with Butter and Olive Oil, draining them on kitchen paper after. Then it’s simply a matter of stacking. Spread a layer of your tomato sauce in an ovenproof dish, followed by a layer of aubergine and then cheese, repeating until all ingredients are used up. Pop your dish in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes and you’re done, easy!
- Cooking time25 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- 4 portions
- 2 aubergines sliced
- 40 grams Bertolli buttery spread with olive oil
- 115 grams fresh mozzarella cheese
- 115 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 400 grams can tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried marjoram
- 0,5 tsp fennel seeds
|Energy (kcal)||319 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1330 kJ|
|Protein (g)||19.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||19.2 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||11.1 g|
|Sugar (g)||11.0 g|
|Fibre (g)||8.1 g|
|Fat (g)||18.8 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||10.0 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.8 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||4.1 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.6 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.0 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||42 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||730 mg|
|Salt (g)||1.82 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||1261 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||18.2 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||529 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.60 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||806 mg|
- Place all sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Fry the aubergine slices in the Bertolli and drain on kitchen paper.
- Place a layer of tomato sauce in an ovenproof dish or individual dishes.
- Cover with a layer of aubergine slices and then slices of cheese.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients are used up, finishing with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in centre of preheated oven 200 ° C, 180 ° C fan, Gas mark 6 for 20-25 minutes.