Peaches can be a really gorgeous fruit but sometimes suffer from being a little less luscious than we’d like. Poaching them makes sure that they’re as soft and juicy as you could possibly wish, while the sprinkle of cinnamon brings welcome warmth. Great for entertaining as a lovely end to a dinner party.
- Prep time25 minutes
- 4 portions
- 40 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 50 grams fresh white breadcrumbs
- 25 grams demerara sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 25 grams flaked almonds toasted optional
- icing sugar for dusting
- 25 grams Bertolli Originale buttery spread
- 4 ripe peaches stoned and cut into wedges
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- For the breadcrumbs, melt the Bertolli spread and add breadcrumbs, stirring until they start to brown.
- Sprinkle over the demerara sugar and cinnamon and fry for a further minute. Stir in almonds if using.
- Divide the breadcrumb mixture into four. Spoon a portion into a 4cm (1 ½ inch) pastry cutter which has been placed on a serving plate.
- Press down gently and allow to cool slightly, before removing the cutter. Repeat for the other three portions.
- Meanwhile, to cook the peaches, melt the Bertolli spread in a frying pan with the zest and half the juice of the orange. Add the peaches and cook for 3-4 minutes, turning once.
- Sprinkle over caster sugar and fry for a further minute to dissolve the sugar.
- Add the remaining orange juice and cook for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- Divide the peaches between the 4 serving plates and serve with creme fraiche.