Spiced Orange Biscuits
Mixed spice and orange zest combine to make these simple crumbly cookies deliciously flavourful. Using Bertolli spread instead of butter helps keep them light and crisp, while the rich dark chocolate coating finishes them off perfectly. Great with coffee or as a special after-dinner treat.
- Cooking time
- Prep time
- 16 portions
- 225 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 85 grams caster sugar
- 140 gram Bertolli 59% vegetable fat spread
- 2 egg yolks
- finely grated 1 orange rind
- 85 grams plain chocolate milk
|Energy (kcal)||130 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||543 kJ|
|Protein (g)||1.9 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||17.1 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||16.5 g|
|Sugar (g)||5.9 g|
|Fibre (g)||0.6 g|
|Fat (g)||6.0 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||1.4 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||4.4 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||2.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||2.5 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||20 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||58 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.14 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||348 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||1.6 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||15 mg|
|Iron (mg)||0.25 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||32 mg|
- Preheat the oven to 190° C, 170°C fan oven, Gas 5. Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and spice into a bowl. Stir in the sugar, then add the Bertolli, egg yolks and orange rind. Using a wooden spoon and then your hands, work the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Divide the mixture into balls and arrange on the baking tray. Using the prongs of a fork, gently press each ball to flatten it and mark it with ridges
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and, either in a bowl over a pan of hot water or in the microwave, melt until smooth. Carefully dip each biscuit into the chocolate, coating one end only. Place on baking parchment until set.