Spiced Orange Biscuits
These spiced orange biscuits are great with coffee or as a special after-dinner treat.
- Prep time15 minutes
- 16 portions
- 225 grams plain flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 85 grams caster sugar
- 140 gram Bertolli 59% vegetable fat spread
- 2 egg yolks
- finely grated 1 orange rind
- 85 grams plain chocolate milk
- Preheat the oven to 190° C, 170°C fan oven, Gas 5. Line a baking tray with non stick baking parchment.
- Sift the flour and spice into a bowl. Stir in the sugar, then add the Bertolli, egg yolks and orange rind. Using a wooden spoon and then your hands, work the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Divide the mixture into balls and arrange on the baking tray. Using the prongs of a fork, gently press each ball to flatten it and mark it with ridges
- Bake in preheated oven for about 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Break the chocolate into a bowl and, either in a bowl over a pan of hot water or in the microwave, melt until smooth. Carefully dip each biscuit into the chocolate, coating one end only. Place on baking parchment until set.