Salmon in Cartoccio
This salmon recipe couldn’t be easier, steaming the fish in its own juices but also infusing it with the subtle flavours of fresh ginger, bay and white wine. The dill and lime sauce that accompanies it adds a piquant zing, really lifting the dish into something special.
- Cooking time30 minutes
- Prep time20 minutes
- 4 portions
- 4 salmon steaks
- 25 grams Bertolli Originale 59% vegetable fat spread
- 2.5 cm piece root ginger peeled and grated
- 2 bay leaf fresh
- 4 tbsps white wine
- A little salt & black pepper
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 tbsp spring onion finely chopped
- juice 2 limes
- 5 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh dill
|Energy (kcal)||434 kcal|
|Energy (kJ)||1816 kJ|
|Protein (g)||36.3 g|
|Carbohydrate incl. fibre (g)||5.0 g|
|Carbohydrate excl. fibre (g)||3.9 g|
|Sugar (g)||0.8 g|
|Fibre (g)||1.1 g|
|Fat (g)||28.6 g|
|Saturated fat (g)||4.5 g|
|Unsaturated fat (g)||20.9 g|
|Monounsaturated fat (g)||16.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||4.9 g|
|Trans fat (g)||0.3 g|
|Cholesterol (mg)||81 mg|
|Sodium (mg)||212 mg|
|Salt (g)||0.53 g|
|Vitamin A (IU)||520 IU|
|Vitamin C (mg)||9.5 mg|
|Calcium (mg)||29 mg|
|Iron (mg)||1.13 mg|
|Potassium (mg)||722 mg|
- Place each salmon steak on to a 30cm (12 inch) square of foil or greaseproof paper and dot with Bertolli spread. Place a piece of bay leaf on each and add the wine and seasoning.
- Wrap the foil or paper tightly over the fish, sealing it securely, and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas 4 for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- For the sauce, put the lime zest, onions and lime juice in a blender and process briefly. With the machine running, pour in the oil and blend together. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with the fish.